5th April 2006
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 / 9:15 PM

Wow.

Like what can I say.

Fantastic.

My sister, who's only about 6, had her nose bleeding. And really, it's scary for her age. Even for some, it seems rather disgusting to have so much blood coming out. Not to sound sick or anything, but the blood didn't stop for quite some time.

So my maid was screaming for me. When I came they told me what had happened. My grandmother was saying to call my mother. I was wondering why the hell didn't they call themselves. But anyway I called. And my maid told me my mother was out to aerobics.. or exercise. Whatever they call it. So her handphone was in the locker and she could not answer it. Obviously the receiver wasn't picked up. So I SMSed her, saying "Jae nose bleeding a lot."
Even though I knew there wouldn't be any reply that soon, I still hoped she would call back or something to stop all the screaming and panicking and crying. Not that I'm so cold-hearted or anything.. Yes.. I did hope the bleeding would stop too.. For the sake of my own sister.

Anyway. Since my mother would definitely not be in time to get the message, I decided to call my father instead. I called his handphone, and the reply was "The Singtel mobile customer.."
That's it. I hung up.

I proceeded to find his office number. After searching for any name card, I found out how stupid I was. So I came back to my computer and went to the website. There I found a numer and called, but there was no answer. So I called another number. My (younger) brother was using my handphone to call, and as he was walking out of the room, my maid said that the bleeding had stopped.

I was pissed off.

Seriously I felt it was a waste of my time even though it was quite urgent. Anyway, that's not the main point.

The main point was that. Even in emergency cases like this, both my parents could not be contacted immediately in any way. I mean, what the heck is this? Not that I expect them to be 24-hr alert for cases like this, but still, you should get the rough idea.

Moreover, you never know when anything might come up. And I don't know how many times this will happen. At least this time the bleeding stopped. Imagine if it didn't, or something worse happened, and still none of them could be contacted. Imagine the consequences. Were we to wait till they came back? Or finally finished whatever they were doing?